Friday, July 31, 2009

{Nineteen}

Linear, Stagnant, One Way, Straight Shooter... All of these words may apply to me but when it comes to my thinking and dreams and hopes of the future they do not! I am thankful for the fact that I am an overachiever, someone who has big dreams and thinks that they can achieve all of them. Last night it was brought to my attention when someone asked what I was going to school for, I simply stated "Well, I want to get my teaching degree and go to cosmetology school." I didn't think there was anything wrong with this statement, its what I want to do. I love the joy I get from teaching little kids and I think doing hair and makeup on people is super fun. So, why not have the best of both worlds? Well, I was quickly shaken from my pedestal of thinking when they replied "You better decide quick, you can only do one." WHAT! No way! I have my whole life planned out around both of these careers working together. You see, how I look at is like this: Cosmetology school is roughly 10-12 months here in Arkansas, to get my Associates in Early Childhood Education from PTC (Pulaski Technical College) I have roughly 3 -4 semesters? So roughly 2 years of school maybe 3? So, anyways this is my plan after getting my degrees: I can teach during the school year, do some hair cuts for friends and family on the side, and then in the summer I can work at a salon. Sounds pretty sweet. Especially since I have a tendency to get bored with things I think it would be a great way to keep variety in my life. So, case and point I like variety and I like challenges and I like new adventures. Todays thankfulness is that I was blessed with the ability to handle these types of situations and that I am able to think more than just one way. What a great way to view life! Well, for me anyways.

No comments: