Thursday, July 22, 2010

Night Time Protocol

We have been steadily trekking on with our night time routine now for a week almost. So far it seems that the most difficult thing for the boys to do is to just sit down and be reverent while we say our family prayer. Last night I had an ingenious ideal! I decided to make them a prayer book. I came up with the idea because they love love love to read books. It's pretty much all we did yesterday. We read books, ate, took a nap, then read some more books. I love how interested they are in reading. Plus, my kids are pretty dang smart. They can spot out {almost} anything in our books that we read. It makes me proud to be their mama!

Anyways... I decided that if they had a book they could read and follow along with maybe they would be more interested in sitting and saying prayer at night. So, today I put one together, rather quickly, when we came into work.
I think it turned out pretty cute. {The pages are out of order because of how you fold it once its printed...} I had Aiden look through his with me after I made it. He pointed to every page and said what it was. It totally melted my heart.

I am so happy that I get to spend so much time with Mr. A & C. They bring so much joy and happiness to my life and everyday they do something that makes me well up with happy tears. Being a mom is the greatest present ever!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

That book is such a brilliant idea!!
I love it!
Oh, btw, you have an award waiting for you on my blog later today so stop by and pick it up :)