Friday, December 18, 2009

Thanksgiving


{Please bear with me while I play catch up}

This year we went up to Missouri for Thanksgiving, because I wanted to stay home for the babies first "real" Christmas. It's so nice that we have family close enough to spend the holidays with and still feel like we are "getting away." It was my first time going up to Missouri without Kevin. (I went up Tuesday, he came up Wednesday) I was a little nervous at first, but Linda decided to drive up with me and the babies so we could help bake pies and stuff the day before Thanksgiving. It wasn't too bad of a drive, and I've been up there and back so many times I didn't have any problems finding my way! The babies do really good on the ride there and back. It is about 4 1/2 hours long and I generally try to leave around their nap time. They sleep half the way and then we break when they wake up. The last half of our trip was a little bit rougher because they wanted to play and obviously they couldn't so it was rather loud and fussy in our car. Linda tried her best to entertain them, but it was pretty much unsuccessful. We arrived at Kim's house around 630 which was good because we left about 2pm. The boys were super excited to get out and play and they love Siera (Kim's foster baby). After unpacking and settling in we had dinner, bathed the boys, and put them to bed. Then we watched a movie in Kim & Andy's theater room, which was pretty amazing.


Thanksgiving day consisted of yummy food, pies, Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, Football , and movies. I only made pies this year and they were well loved. I don't think any of them made it past Saturday. Our Friday consisted of shopping, but not early shopping I am no Black Friday fiend. We picked up some really good stuff for the little ones and for ourselves. All of it is to be wrapped and placed under the tree for Christmas day. I bought some awesome tights at TJMAXX and want to wear them so bad, but must wait and it is killing me! Kevin even got a really good deal on a drill and saw set from Home Depot. After the shopping we went over and visited with Kevin's dad and his wife. Its always so nice visiting with them. Karleen always takes lots of pictures and I have her to thank for these ones, because I am terrible at remembering to take them! We ended our night with a trip to Andy's frozen custard! {no springfield trip is complete with out it} Saturday we headed home and spent Sunday recouperating from the busy weekend. I am so thankful that we got to spend some time with our family!

No comments: