Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

Christmas Eve this year was by far one of the most stressful Christmas Eve's I have ever experienced. It had been raining for 2-3 days straight in Arkansas and all of the roads were FLOODED! Kevin decided to go to work and left the house around 10ish. Later, his whole family (mom & brother) called me stating that he needed to go to work get the truck and rescue them from their house. They only had a Jeep and a little Honda. Needless to say, Kevin was off rescuing people all day until about 5:30. During that I had made dough for my Christmas morning cream cheese braid, baked two pumpkin pies & a cherry pie, cleaned the entire kitchen, all whilst taking care of the kiddos. It was a lot of work and I was tired, but I was more frustrated with the fact that Kevin was gone all day. It was Christmas Eve and I was expecting him to be home all day having fun and making memories. However, our Christmas Eve had a beautiful new tradition added to it!


Our friends the Well's invited us over for some home made clam chowder and a night full of fun and games. It was some of the most delicious chowder I have ever had! The boys even had lots of fun "playing" their piano. It was a wonderful evening full of good times and good food!



When we got home we put the boys in their Christmas jammies and then tucked them in for the night.



No comments: