Thursday, August 6, 2009

{Twenty One}

Good Food and Friends! I was so excited when our friends Kara and Dave invited us over for dinner a week ago. Its always such a treat when we get to hang out with other adults. Is that lame to say? Oh well, its nice. Anyways we got to go over to their house for amazing Aussie Chicken (I looked for the recipe but couldn't find it.) It was a yummy bacon covered chicken with a honey mustard sauce. YUMMY! Even the boys liked it. They stood diligently next to my chair like little birdies waiting to be fed. It was cute. I'm so thankful that we have had the opportunity to make friends here. That is one of the things that I was very fearful of moving away from home. Its so wonderful that we have people that we can spend time with that are our age and that are fun! Seriously, I thought that I would make no friends and be stuck with only Kevin's family to talk to, which isn't bad but when you see people everyday it gets stagnant. Anyways, Dinner and conversation is always fun, plus the babies had a fun time exploring their house. The only bad thing is that they are super curious and all they wanted to do was get into the chemicals under the sink. But, Kara and I chased them down. I think the babies favorite part was watching their dogs through their back window. You could tell the puppies wanted to play with the babies, but our babies aren't quite ready for big dogs. As soon as they can stand on their own good and figure out their balance issues they will be ready. Until then, they just watch them through the window. I wish I would have taken pictures but we were busy talking. Maybe next time?

No comments: